Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Qsig on MGX's (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t32748-re-qsig-on-mgxs.html)

Alex 04-05-2004 08:45 AM

Re: Qsig on MGX's

Do you mean using QSIG/DPNSS to control the MGX, as MGCP can be used
to control the MGX? If so, I don't think so. MGX is a Service Provider
platform whereas QSIG/DPNSS is targeted at the enterprise. Also, a
quick glance at MGX data sheets confirms this. I'm interested to know
why you want to use QSIG/DPNSS on MGX?

"John Hiller" <john_hillerPPP@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<Ljmac.1673$tZ5.203@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk>...
> whoops, got that one a bit wrong. Should have been dpnss.
>

> Also, has anyone used the PGW220?

I too have used the SC2200! Like you, I found it is not the most
intuitive piece of kit to configure. Once configured correctly though,
it tends to run smoothly (apart from the odd crash, of course). The
deficiencies in the product are probably a consequence of Cisco's
inexperience in the Voice/SS7 world.

You are right - the PGW2200 is the SC2200 rebadged.