ANN: eGenix mxODBC Zope Database Adapter 1.0.8
mxODBC Zope Database Adapter
Available for Zope 2.3 through 2.7 on
Windows, Linux, Solaris and FreeBSD
The eGenix mxODBC Zope Database Adapter (Zope DA) allows you to easily
connect your Zope installation to just about any database backend on
the market today, giving you the reliability of the commercially
supported eGenix.com product mxODBC and the flexibility of the ODBC
standard as middle-tier architecture.
Unlike Zope's ZODBC Zope DA, the mxODBC Zope DA works on Windows
XP/NT/2000/98, Linux, Solaris and FreeBSD using the same interface on
The mxODBC Zope DA implements high performance thread-safe connection
pooling and multiple physical connects per logical Zope
connection. You can safely run Z SQL Methods in parallel, achieving a
much better throughput than ZODBC Zope DA or similar Zope database
adapters under heavy load.
This makes it ideal for deployment in ZEO Clusters and Zope hosting
environments where stability and high performance are a top priority.
* Zope Level 3 Database Adapter: the mxODBC Zope DA is fully
multi-threaded and can handle multiple connections to multiple
* Fully compatible to Z SQL Methods.
* Drop-in compatible to the ZODBC DA: the mxODBC Zope DA provides the
same interfaces as Zope's ZODBC DA to allow a smooth upgrade path
from this simplistic adapater to the high performance mxODBC Zope
* Fully compatible to the Znolk SQL Wizard Product and other similar
products relying on the common database schema access methods
.tables() and .columns().
* Connection Pooling: physical database connections are pooled and
kept open, to reduce the connection overhead to a minimum. This is
especially important for high latency database connections and ones
like Oracle which take a considerable amount of time to setup
* Parallel Execution of Queries on a single logical connection: the
mxODBC Zope DA can manage any number of physical connections on a
single logical connection. This enables running truly parallel Z SQL
Method queries -- a feature not available in other Zope DAs.
* Robust Mode of Operation: connections which have timed out or go
away due to network problems are automatically reconnected.
* Cross-platform Connection Objects: The Zope DA will automatically
choose the right platform specific ODBC manager for you.
* Per Connection Adjustable ODBC Interface: mxODBC comes with many
different subpackages to choose from on Unix. The Zope DA allows you
to select these subpackages on a per-connection basis.
* Per Connection Error Handling: you can tell each connection whether
it should report ODBC warnings or not; furthermore all warnings and
errors are made available as list .messages on the DatabaseConnection
* Transaction safe automatic reconnect: when the DA finds that a
connection has timed out, it automatically tries a reconnect
and replays the transaction on the connection (unlike other DAs
which break the transaction scheme by doing a reconnect without
* Built-in Schema Cache: this results in improved performance under
* Database Schema Access: all ODBC catalog methods are made available
for much better database schema inquiry. The catalog methods allow
building generic database interrogation or manipulation tools and
facilitates writing database independent Zope products.
* Lazy Connect: the mxODBC Zope DA only connects to the database
backends when a connection is actually requested. This results in a
better use of resources compared to other Zope DAs.
Version 1.0.8 includes the following changes and enhancements:
* Zope 2.7.0 and Python 2.3 are fully supported on all
platforms: Windows, Linux, Solaris and FreeBSD.
* You can let the mxODBC Zope DA return empty strings instead of
None for SQL NULL values. This should simplify porting existing
applications to the mxODBC Zope DA.
* The included mxODBC 2.1 provides full Unicode support
if accessed directly. Using e.g. the EasySoft ODBC-ODBC bridge
this allows you to connect to any remote Unicode aware
ODBC backend from any of the supported platforms.
In short: mxODBC Zope DA is continuing to become the number one
solution for integrating relational databases with Zope applications.
If you have already bought mxODBC Zope DA licenses, you can use these
license for the updated version as well. There is no need to buy new
licenses. The same is true for evaluation license users.
For more information on the mxODBC Zope DA, licensing and download
instructions, please visit our web-site:
You can buy mxODBC Zope DA licenses online from the eGenix.com shop at:
Professional Python Services directly from the Source (#1, Jan 23 2004)
>>> Python/Zope Consulting and Support ... http://www.egenix.com/
>>> mxODBC.Zope.Database.Adapter ... http://zope.egenix.com/
>>> mxODBC, mxDateTime, mxTextTools ... http://python.egenix.com/
::: Try mxODBC.Zope.DA for Windows,Linux,Solaris,FreeBSD for free ! ::::
|All times are GMT. The time now is 07:36 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.