Velocity Reviews

-   -   What's the best Python freeze tool? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t327046-whats-the-best-python-freeze-tool.html)

Nick 01-16-2004 05:16 PM

What's the best Python freeze tool?

I've tried a couple of Python freeze tool. But encountered some bugs.
Anyone know what's the most mature Python Freeze tool? Thanks.

Eric Brunel 01-19-2004 09:10 AM

Re: What's the best Python freeze tool?

Nick wrote:
> I've tried a couple of Python freeze tool. But encountered some bugs.
> Anyone know what's the most mature Python Freeze tool? Thanks.

I'm working with McMillan Installer and didn't see any major bug. Note however
I'm still using Python 2.1 and Installer 5b5_5. There is apparently a new
Installer version (6 something - not yet "official"), but I don't know if it
correctly supports Python 2.3 now; I'm quite interested in hearing other users'
experiences, BTW...
--
- Eric Brunel <eric dot brunel at pragmadev dot com> -

Miki Tebeka 01-19-2004 10:35 PM

Re: What's the best Python freeze tool?

Hello Eric,

> I'm working with McMillan Installer and didn't see any major bug. Note however
> I'm still using Python 2.1 and Installer 5b5_5. There is apparently a new
> Installer version (6 something - not yet "official"), but I don't know if it
> correctly supports Python 2.3 now; I'm quite interested in hearing other users'
> experiences, BTW...

I've used py2exe a lot and it's OK. The latest version (0.5) made me
switch to cx_freeze (new syntax for setup.py, less comptability with
scripts running from the interpreter ...). I'm pretty happy with it.

Miki