Velocity Reviews

-   -   Port-security on 16-port FastEthernet module (NM-ESW-16) (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t32690-port-security-on-16-port-fastethernet-module-nm-esw-16-a.html)

Dmitry 04-01-2004 06:38 PM

Port-security on 16-port FastEthernet module (NM-ESW-16)

Hello,

I would like to be able to restrict network access by associating a
switch port with a workstation's mac-address. Does anyone know if
port-security can be enabled on a 16-port FastEthernet module
(NM-ESW-16)?

Hardware - Cisco 2651 router with NM-ESW-16 module
IOS - Version 12.3(4)T3

Also, I don't have the command "switchport port-security" available
when I'm in the interface mode (see below).

2651_tester(config)#int f1/1
2651_tester(config-if)#switchport ?
access Set access mode characteristics of the interface
mode Set trunking mode of the interface
trunk Set trunking characteristics of the interface
<cr>
priority Set 802.1p priorities
voice Voice appliance attributes

If port-security is not available, are there any other options using
the same hardware?

Thank you in advance.

Dmitry