Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: executables (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t326188-re-executables.html)

Todd V. Rovito 12-19-2003 01:32 AM

Re: executables

Thus spoke km (km@mrna.tn.nic.in):
> how do i create a linux executable from a python script. is that possible
> ? if so is it a real executable or its just a clever executable packaging
> system which makes its size huge as in Perl. kindly enlighten, thanks,

AFAIK there are two options.
(1) py2exe which I think is a clever executable packaging system which makes
its size huge as in Perl.
(2) psyco which is like the JIT compiler for java, as I understand it this
option requires lots of memory and is just starting to become popular.

It is possible other solutions are known by more experienced people since I
just started using Python last week.

--
Todd V. Rovito
rovitotv at rovitotv dot org

Jarek Zgoda 12-19-2003 09:27 PM

Re: executables

Todd V. Rovito <rovitotv@rovitotv.org> pisze:

> (2) psyco which is like the JIT compiler for java, as I understand it this
> option requires lots of memory and is just starting to become popular.

Psyco doesn't create executables. It just compiles and executes. And
does this bloody well.

--
Jarek Zgoda
Unregistered Linux User # -1