Velocity Reviews

-   -   VPN between PIX 515 and 501 using PPPoE (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t32617-vpn-between-pix-515-and-501-using-pppoe.html)

Lars Kraack 03-05-2004 09:01 AM

VPN between PIX 515 and 501 using PPPoE

We are trying to make a VPN connection from a PIX 501 (client) to a
PIX 515 (server).

The client does not have a fixed IP address and uses PPPoE to make a
connection to the ISP via ADSL.

We are having problems establishing the VPN channel. We are using the
Easy VPN Server and Client setup according to Cisco's document "Cisco
PIX Firewall and VPN Configuration Guide", but the VPN channel is
never established. There are no problems when the client has a fixed
IP address. However the actual application does not have this luxury.

Both PIXes are running version 6.3

Has anybody been able to make this work?

Regards
Lars