Velocity Reviews

-   -   no flash; with starup-config (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t32406-no-flash-with-starup-config.html)

Glen 02-24-2004 03:07 AM

no flash; with starup-config

I can't get my 3600 router to startup. It keeps going to rommon. I get:

loadprog: bad file magic number: 0x0
boot: cannot load "flash:"

No PCMCIA 0 or 1.

When commanded to give me contents of Flash in rommon, it says

File size Checksum File name
841 bytes (0x349) 0x1f32 starup-config

is there a way to startup the 3600 router?

Glen Victor

Glen 02-24-2004 03:40 AM

Re: no flash; with starup-config

An additional question can I load an image from a 2600 onto the 3600? what
are the ramifications?

Glen Victor

Hansang Bae 02-24-2004 03:54 AM

Re: no flash; with starup-config

In article <9Ez_b.49996$kR3.4886@bignews4.bellsouth.net>,
savvy95.nospam@hotmail.com says...
> An additional question can I load an image from a 2600 onto the 3600? what
> are the ramifications?

No. It won't work.

--

hsb

Glen 02-24-2004 04:10 AM

Re: no flash; with starup-config

any suggestions Hansang?

Glen

Joe Rankin 02-24-2004 04:20 AM

Re: no flash; with starup-config

It's xmodem time!

Ivan Golovin 02-24-2004 11:39 PM

Re: no flash; with starup-config

Hello!

The flash device should contain an IOS image to boot up (if you are not
booting from tftp). But the startup-config is generally placed in NVRAM, not
in flash. Do you have an IOS image in flash? If no, you have to place it
there through xmodem or smth. You'd better search on cisco.com how to upload
an IOS with xmodem.

--
Ivan