Velocity Reviews

-   -   Wrong Connector (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t32378-wrong-connector.html)

Fred Atkinson 02-22-2004 08:39 PM

Wrong Connector

This might be slightly off subject, but I don't know a more
likely place to put this that I might get an answer on it.

I recently acquired a used Cisco Micro Webserver on Ebay for
chump change. The only problem with it was that it was less a power
supply.

I consulted Cisco, who advised me that the Micro Webserver had
been discontinued and they no longer support it. They did tell me
that the Micro Webserver uses the same power supply as the Cisco 1600
series routers.

I found someone selling a replacement power supply for the
1500/1600 series routers. I contacted them and told them my
situation. They said that they had read the specifications on the Web
server and that it should work. I ordered it.

When it arrived, the connector on the power supply wasn't the
same as the one on the Micro Web server. I contacted the seller, who
insists it is the right one for the 1600 series router and I should
send my grievance to Cisco about it. And we know there is nothing
Cisco will do.

Does anyone have any knowledge of this? If it is the same as
the 1600, I'm out money. But I have recourse if it is not the right
connector for the 1600.

Thanks,

Fred

News Account 02-22-2004 08:43 PM

Re: Wrong Connector

The 1602 has a 6 pin mini-DIN like a mouse - don't know about the
microserver.

Don Woodward

M.C. van den Bovenkamp 02-22-2004 10:06 PM

Re: Wrong Connector

News Account wrote:

> The 1602 has a 6 pin mini-DIN like a mouse - don't know about the
> microserver.

The Microserver 200 has a 6-pin DIN as well, and looks like it's the
same case as a 1600 series:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/...ep.htm#xtocid6

What he has, however, is probably a Microserver 100:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/...l.htm#xtocid15

So the guy on Ebay was right; it *is* the correct PSU, if you have a
200. But he is wrong too, as the 100 has a different PSU...

Regards,

Marco.

Fred Atkinson 02-23-2004 05:43 AM

Re: Wrong Connector

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 23:06:44 +0100, "M.C. van den Bovenkamp"
<marco@linuxgoeroe.dhs.org> wrote:

>News Account wrote:
>
>> The 1602 has a 6 pin mini-DIN like a mouse - don't know about the
>> microserver.

>The Microserver 200 has a 6-pin DIN as well, and looks like it's the
>same case as a 1600 series:
>
>http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/...ep.htm#xtocid6
>

>What he has, however, is probably a Microserver 100:
>
>http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/...l.htm#xtocid15
>
>So the guy on Ebay was right; it *is* the correct PSU, if you have a
>200. But he is wrong too, as the 100 has a different PSU...
>
> Regards,
>
> Marco.

After reading the docs you provided, it appears that you are
right. <sigh>. I guess I'm out the money.

Maybe I can resell it on Ebay.

Fred