Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cisco (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f27-cisco.html)
-   -   Can the AC Adapter (65Watts) Harm My 40 Watts Cisco2522-Dc router (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t32371-can-the-ac-adapter-65watts-harm-my-40-watts-cisco2522-dc-router.html)

ConceptZone 02-22-2004 09:01 AM

Can the AC Adapter (65Watts) Harm My 40 Watts Cisco2522-Dc router
 
Can I Run (65W 1.35Amp and 48V) Adapter with my Cisco 2522-DC which
is (1 AMP- 1.5 AMP, 40 Watts and from 40 to 72Volts)

I am getting anxious because of the more watts in the Ac Adapter, can
it harm the motherboard of the 2522 Router?

Thanks
Ismail

chris@nospam.com 02-22-2004 10:03 PM

Re: Can the AC Adapter (65Watts) Harm My 40 Watts Cisco2522-Dc router
 
On 22 Feb 2004 01:01:24 -0800, ismail@conceptzone.net (ConceptZone)
wrote:

>Can I Run (65W 1.35Amp and 48V) Adapter with my Cisco 2522-DC which
>is (1 AMP- 1.5 AMP, 40 Watts and from 40 to 72Volts)
>
>I am getting anxious because of the more watts in the Ac Adapter, can
>it harm the motherboard of the 2522 Router?
>
>Thanks
>Ismail



Should work fine. The wattage rating is the max power the adapter can
provided, not what it will provide. Looks like the voltage is within
the desired range, and the adapter can probably put out enough
current.

-Chris

ConceptZone 02-23-2004 07:04 AM

Re: Can the AC Adapter (65Watts) Harm My 40 Watts Cisco2522-Dc router
 
Thanks Chris, I got it.

Fred Atkinson 02-23-2004 01:50 PM

Re: Can the AC Adapter (65Watts) Harm My 40 Watts Cisco2522-Dc router
 
It's not wattage you should be worried about, it's voltage and
current rating. If the voltage is right, there shouldn't be any
danger. However, if the current rating is insufficient, it can create
problems.

You say that the power supply is rated at 1.35 amps and the
router is rated at a maximum of 1.5 A. I'd recommend against using
this power supply. You should always use a power supply with the
correct voltage and a power (wattage) rating of at least 125 per cent
of what your requirements are. That'd be a power rating of about
ninety watts if your power supply is giving 48 volts. Converting to
current, I'd round that up to 2 amps. It'd be more if the voltage was
higher.

When you get towards the maximum current draw for a power
supply, the voltage tends to drop. This can cause problems.

I'd suggest you look elsewhere for a power supply.

Also, if you are using a power supply other than the correct
one provided by Cisco, you may be voiding your warranty.



Fred




On 22 Feb 2004 01:01:24 -0800, ismail@conceptzone.net (ConceptZone)
wrote:

>Can I Run (65W 1.35Amp and 48V) Adapter with my Cisco 2522-DC which
>is (1 AMP- 1.5 AMP, 40 Watts and from 40 to 72Volts)
>
>I am getting anxious because of the more watts in the Ac Adapter, can
>it harm the motherboard of the 2522 Router?
>
>Thanks
>Ismail



Fred Atkinson 02-23-2004 03:02 PM

Re: Can the AC Adapter (65Watts) Harm My 40 Watts Cisco2522-Dc router
 
Also,

Be sure to check the polarity (postive/negative leads) to make
sure they are correct when you use an aftermarket power supply. If
the polarity is reversed, you could smoke your unit if it doesn't have
reverse polarity protection built into it.


Fred

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 13:50:59 GMT, Fred Atkinson
<fatkinson@mishmash.com> wrote:

> It's not wattage you should be worried about, it's voltage and
>current rating. If the voltage is right, there shouldn't be any
>danger. However, if the current rating is insufficient, it can create
>problems.
>
> You say that the power supply is rated at 1.35 amps and the
>router is rated at a maximum of 1.5 A. I'd recommend against using
>this power supply. You should always use a power supply with the
>correct voltage and a power (wattage) rating of at least 125 per cent
>of what your requirements are. That'd be a power rating of about
>ninety watts if your power supply is giving 48 volts. Converting to
>current, I'd round that up to 2 amps. It'd be more if the voltage was
>higher.
>
> When you get towards the maximum current draw for a power
>supply, the voltage tends to drop. This can cause problems.
>
> I'd suggest you look elsewhere for a power supply.
>
> Also, if you are using a power supply other than the correct
>one provided by Cisco, you may be voiding your warranty.
>
>
>
> Fred
>
>
>
>
>On 22 Feb 2004 01:01:24 -0800, ismail@conceptzone.net (ConceptZone)
>wrote:
>
>>Can I Run (65W 1.35Amp and 48V) Adapter with my Cisco 2522-DC which
>>is (1 AMP- 1.5 AMP, 40 Watts and from 40 to 72Volts)
>>
>>I am getting anxious because of the more watts in the Ac Adapter, can
>>it harm the motherboard of the 2522 Router?
>>
>>Thanks
>>Ismail



erm 02-23-2004 11:03 PM

Re: Can the AC Adapter (65Watts) Harm My 40 Watts Cisco2522-Dc router
 
I am confused !!
You are asking if you can run your 2522 on a 1.35a 48v psu when the actual
psu you are running on is 1-1.5a 40 - 72v ?
I would expect to see an input voltage with a range between 90 -260v but not
secondary side this should be fixed on a set voltage ?
not 40-72v ?
"ConceptZone" <ismail@conceptzone.net> wrote in message
news:93de9664.0402220009.7ef1f9e8@posting.google.c om...
> Can I Run (65W 1.35Amp and 48V) Adapter with my Cisco 2522-DC which
> is (1 AMP- 1.5 AMP, 40 Watts and from 40 to 72Volts)
>
> I am getting anxious because of the more watts in the Ac Adapter, can
> it harm the motherboard of the 2522 Router?
>
> Thanks
> Ismail





All times are GMT. The time now is 04:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.