Velocity Reviews

-   -   installing Tix (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t321209-installing-tix.html)

Hank 08-19-2003 07:24 PM

installing Tix

Hi,

I'm trying to install Tix and I thought the best way to do that is
thru IDEStudio.

Windows XP, python 2.3

At the end of the installation, it lets me install Tix into python. I
made sure the paths are right and it tells me to run the demos. This
generated a microsoft error (asked me to send error report).

On the command line, if I tried to run the following:
>>>import Tix
>>>root = Tix.Tk()

it complains about an invalid command name "lt}]}" in pkgIndex.tcl

so i removed the following lines from that file.
----------
lt}]} {
set tail [file join [pwd] $tail]
break
}
}

cd $pwd
package ifneeded Tix 8.1[list load $tail Tix]
unset dirs pwd elt tail
-----------

It still complains that it can't find tix8183.dll library saying its
either an dependent library or its not found in the library path.

does it work with python 2.3? recompile the source files (means i have
to install a compiler)?

thanks

Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou 08-23-2003 12:52 PM

Re: installing Tix

On 19 Aug 2003 12:24:20 -0700, rumours say that soundwave56@yahoo.ca
(Hank) might have written:

>Hi,
>
>I'm trying to install Tix and I thought the best way to do that is
>thru IDEStudio.

Check this post:

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...k.hu-berlin.de

This one worked for me (on Windows). I believe I just put the
tix8184.dll in the DLLs folder and the tix8.1 subfolder inside the tcl
subfolder.
--
TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best,