Velocity Reviews

-   -   debug python like set -x (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t321044-debug-python-like-set-x.html)

Dave 08-15-2003 03:13 PM

debug python like set -x

Hi,
Newbie here. Is there a way to have output from a python program go
to the screen the way it does if I use "set -x" in a shell script?

thanks in advance

Jp Calderone 08-15-2003 03:55 PM

Re: debug python like set -x

On Fri, Aug 15, 2003 at 08:13:01AM -0700, Dave wrote:
> Hi,
> Newbie here. Is there a way to have output from a python program go
> to the screen the way it does if I use "set -x" in a shell script?

Python2.3's trace.py (also in Tools/ in 2.2) has some interesting
functionality along these lines.

Jp

--
"Minerals are inexhaustible and will never be depleted. A stream of
investment creates additions to proved reserves, a very large in-ground