Velocity Reviews

-   -   Freeze Question (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t320544-freeze-question.html)

David Detlefsen 08-04-2003 05:04 PM

Freeze Question

I'm trying to distribute a python program on SunOS 5.8 with python 2.2.1 and
I think I'm having a shared library problem.

I've tried running the 'frozen' program on two different machines and I get
the following error message...

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "vnmrXserver.py", line 1, in ?
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.2/SocketServer.py", line 131, in ?
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.2/socket.py", line 41, in ?
ImportError: No module named _socket

I've read the warning in the freeze README about shared libraries and I do
indeed see the "Warning: unknown modules remain..." message.

So I guess I this means I have to rebuild python with static linking (this
is a mystery to me) OR is there a way to hack the makefile (or perhaps some
other file) and have the missing modules found and included in the frozen
program without a rebuild of python?