Velocity Reviews

-   -   Python debugger (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t320326-python-debugger.html)

Andrew Chalk 07-30-2003 06:41 PM

Python debugger

I am sure that it has been asked before but could someone tell a newbie
whether there is a Python debugger out there?

In case it is relevant, i am using v2.2 on Windows.

Many thanks.

Dave Kuhlman 07-30-2003 06:57 PM

Re: Python debugger

Andrew Chalk wrote:

> I am sure that it has been asked before but could someone tell a
> newbie whether there is a Python debugger out there?

See:

http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/module-pdb.html

- Dave

--
Dave Kuhlman
http://www.rexx.com/~dkuhlman

Syver Enstad 08-02-2003 08:38 PM

Re: Python debugger

Dave Kuhlman <dkuhlman@rexx.com> writes:

> Andrew Chalk wrote:
>
> > I am sure that it has been asked before but could someone tell a
> > newbie whether there is a Python debugger out there?
> >

> See:
>
> http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/module-pdb.html

And in case you don't like using a commandline debugger, you can use
pythonwin's debugger or Emacs together with pdb.

--

Syver Enstad

Michele Simionato 08-03-2003 03:06 PM

Re: Python debugger

Syver Enstad <syver-en+usenet@online.no> wrote in message news:<u3cgjbxrr.fsf@online.no>...
> Dave Kuhlman <dkuhlman@rexx.com> writes:
>
> > Andrew Chalk wrote:
> >
> > > I am sure that it has been asked before but could someone tell a
> > > newbie whether there is a Python debugger out there?
> > >

> > See:
> >
> > http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/module-pdb.html

> And in case you don't like using a commandline debugger, you can use
> pythonwin's debugger or Emacs together with pdb.

How do I use pdb with emacs? Do you have any reference?

Michele