Velocity Reviews

-   -   Embeding Python, COM crash (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t320290-embeding-python-com-crash.html)

Fabien SK 07-30-2003 09:11 AM

Embeding Python, COM crash

Hi,

I wrote a plugin for Visual C++ 6 that uses Python 2.2 (it worked
perfectly for months). I just installed Python 2.3, and recompiled my
plugin, and now it crashes. My plugin do the following things:

Py_Initialize();
LoadLibrary("pythoncom23.dll");

typedef PyObject* (*CONVERT_PROC)(IUnknown *punk, REFIID riid, BOOL
bAddRef);
CONVERT_PROC proc = 0;
proc = (CONVERT_PROC)::GetProcAddress(m_hDll, "PyCom_PyObjectFromIUnknown");

PyObject *pvc = proc(punk, __uuidof(IUnknown), FALSE); // boom

and I have a "null pointer" crash with python 2.3. I remove the
installation of 2.2, so there are no old header or library. I am using
Visual C++ 6.
Am I doing something wrong, or did something change with Python 2.3 ?
Note: I am using the lastest python installer and win32all-155.exe.

Thank you for your attention

Fabien