Velocity Reviews

-   -   How to build/install DCOracle2 on tru64 5.1 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t320182-how-to-build-install-dcoracle2-on-tru64-5-1-a.html)

the_rev_dharma_roadkill 07-27-2003 10:27 PM

How to build/install DCOracle2 on tru64 5.1

I've have some fun getting DCOracle2 (python-to-oracle interface)
going on HP/Compaq Tru64 with Oracle8i Release 3 (oracle 8.1.7). I'd
like to share an answer/bug-fix with you:

After un-tarring the source...
1) edit setup.py. Change the lines:
CFLAGS = ["-fPIC","-DORACLE8i"]
LFLAGS = ["-Wl,-rpath,%s" % string.join(LIB_DIR,",")]

LIBS=['clntsh']

TO READ INSTEAD:
CFLAGS = ["-DORACLE8i"]
LFLAGS = None

LIBS=['clntsh','ocijdbc8']

2) Now run python setup.py build
3) Now, as root (or whatever), run python setup.py install
4) When you test, DO NOT sit in any directory that contains a
"DCOracle2" sub-directory! Get away from the build area and its
parent!

This works for me. The usual technique produces a broken dco2.so,
which cannot resolve "OCILobIsTemporary", due to some brain-damage in
the Oracle8i libraries. The trick of using ocijdbc8 came from
somebody else on the web whose name I now cannot recall, I apologize
to whoever is was.

Best of Luck Tru64 people!
Doug