Velocity Reviews

-   -   eric3, pyqt, qscintilla - guru needed. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t320164-eric3-pyqt-qscintilla-guru-needed.html)

reh 07-27-2003 12:39 PM

eric3, pyqt, qscintilla - guru needed.

Have installed on Redhat 9.0 in the following order;

Qscintilla
sip
PyQt

When I install eric3 (python install.py), I get this error;
Sorry, please install QScintilla and/or reinstall
PyQt with QScintilla support.

It seems the errors occurs in the install.py file at:
from qtext import QextScintilla

From qtext.py, I have typed in at the python prompt;
>>> import libsip # ok here
>>> from qt import QWidet # ok here
>>> from qt import QObject # ok here
>>> from qt import QPrinter # ok here
>>> import libqtextc # error here

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
ImportError: libqscintilla.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such
file or directory

Been through all readme files, tried just about everything.
Anyone have an idea what's wrong.

--
robert
redhat 9.0

reh 07-27-2003 02:21 PM

Re: eric3, pyqt, qscintilla - guru needed.

reh wrote:

> Have installed on Redhat 9.0 in the following order;
>
> Qscintilla
> sip
> PyQt
>
> When I install eric3 (python install.py), I get this error;
> Sorry, please install QScintilla and/or reinstall
> PyQt with QScintilla support.
>
> It seems the errors occurs in the install.py file at:
> from qtext import QextScintilla
>
> From qtext.py, I have typed in at the python prompt;

> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
> ImportError: libqscintilla.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such
> file or directory
> >>>

> Been through all readme files, tried just about everything.
> Anyone have an idea what's wrong.

Forgot to say that the libqscintilla.so.2 is in;
/usr/lib/qt-3.1/lib
and the same path is in my /etc/ld.so.conf
--
robert
redhat 9.0

Greg Fortune 07-27-2003 03:26 PM

Re: eric3, pyqt, qscintilla - guru needed.

It sounds like qscintilla was either not detected during the compile process
of PyQt or the library is not available. My guess would be that the .so
files did not get copied into the correct place. Check $QTDIR/lib for
libqscintilla.so.2. If it's not there, go back into the directory in which
you unpacked qscintilla and copy all the .so files into $QTDIR/lib.

If $QTDIR isn't set, look for the lib directory in the folllowing places:
/usr/lib/qt/lib
/usr/local/lib/qt/lib
/usr/qt/lib

Also, make sure that the qt versions match up when you are looking. If in
doubt, check all qt/lib directories you find.

Finally, if all that looks good, start the PyQt compile process again and
make sure it detects and enables qscintilla support.

Greg Fortune
Fortune Solutions

Detlev Offenbach 07-27-2003 05:20 PM

reh wrote:

> reh wrote:
>
>> Have installed on Redhat 9.0 in the following order;
>>
>> Qscintilla
>> sip
>> PyQt
>>
>> When I install eric3 (python install.py), I get this error;
>> Sorry, please install QScintilla and/or reinstall
>> PyQt with QScintilla support.
>>
>> It seems the errors occurs in the install.py file at:
>> from qtext import QextScintilla
>>
>> From qtext.py, I have typed in at the python prompt;

>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>> File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
>> ImportError: libqscintilla.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No
>> such
>> file or directory
>> >>>

>> Been through all readme files, tried just about everything.
>> Anyone have an idea what's wrong.
>>

> Forgot to say that the libqscintilla.so.2 is in;
> /usr/lib/qt-3.1/lib
> and the same path is in my /etc/ld.so.conf

Did you do a "ldconfig" after the installation of qscintilla?

Detlev
--
Detlev Offenbach
detlev@die-offenbachs.de

reh 07-27-2003 05:54 PM

Detlev Offenbach wrote:

> reh wrote:
>
>> reh wrote:
>>
>>> Have installed on Redhat 9.0 in the following order;
>>>
>>> Qscintilla
>>> sip
>>> PyQt
>>>
>>> When I install eric3 (python install.py), I get this error;
>>> Sorry, please install QScintilla and/or reinstall
>>> PyQt with QScintilla support.
>>>
>>> It seems the errors occurs in the install.py file at:
>>> from qtext import QextScintilla
>>>
>>> From qtext.py, I have typed in at the python prompt;
>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>> File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
>>> ImportError: libqscintilla.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No
>>> such
>>> file or directory
>>> >>>

>>> Been through all readme files, tried just about everything.
>>> Anyone have an idea what's wrong.
>>>

>> Forgot to say that the libqscintilla.so.2 is in;
>> /usr/lib/qt-3.1/lib
>> and the same path is in my /etc/ld.so.conf

> Did you do a "ldconfig" after the installation of qscintilla?
>
> Detlev

That did it. Thanks!!!

On first observation eric looks really nice, well done.

Can't wait to dig in.

thanks;
--
robert