Velocity Reviews

-   -   Installing many packages (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t320001-installing-many-packages.html)

Greg Fortune 07-22-2003 07:06 PM

Installing many packages

I've got a whole bunch of package dependencies in the programs I develop.
Mainly, they are generic libraries/utilities I've written that are needed
by most of the programs I write. The biggest problem I've had with
python's packaging system is that I end up needing to install every library
package on each machine I install my programs on. It's even worse when I
go through an upgrade...

Is there any way to create something like a "meta-package"? ie, can bundle
a whole bunch of packages together under a single installer? I'm working
on both Windows and Mac so the tools need to support both platforms. Does
anything exist for this purpose?

Thanks,

Greg Fortune
Fortune Solutions