Velocity Reviews

-   -   Where can one get Python 1.4 and Pythonwin 1.0? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t319989-where-can-one-get-python-1-4-and-pythonwin-1-0-a.html)

Richard Lee 07-22-2003 12:57 PM

Where can one get Python 1.4 and Pythonwin 1.0?

Hi. I need to test and document some really old software. For that, I
have to install P 1.4 and Pwin 1.0 (the latter which is based on
P1.4).

Python.org has downloads going back to P1.5.2. And the link to version
of the earliest Win32 extensions containing Pwin corresponds to
P1.5.2.

Thanks for any help.

Michael Hudson 07-22-2003 01:36 PM

Re: Where can one get Python 1.4 and Pythonwin 1.0?

Richard Lee <i.am@going.in.circles> writes:

> Hi. I need to test and document some really old software. For that, I
> have to install P 1.4 and Pwin 1.0 (the latter which is based on
> P1.4).

Yow!

> Python.org has downloads going back to P1.5.2. And the link to version
> of the earliest Win32 extensions containing Pwin corresponds to
> P1.5.2.

Didn't look hard enough:

http://www.python.org/ftp/python/src/

and

http://www.python.org/ftp/python/bin...1.4/pythonwin/

look hopeful to me (admittedly, I found these by sshing into
www.python.org and running 'locate', a course of action not available
to everyone...).

Cheers,
mwh

--
Any form of evilness that can be detected without *too* much effort
is worth it... I have no idea what kind of evil we're looking for

Daniel Dittmar 07-22-2003 01:39 PM

Richard Lee wrote:
> Hi. I need to test and document some really old software. For that, I
> have to install P 1.4 and Pwin 1.0 (the latter which is based on
> P1.4).

http://www.python.org/windows/pywin14.html

Daniel