Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Tk mainloop() (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t319916-re-tk-mainloop.html)

dan 07-20-2003 02:32 PM

Re: Tk mainloop()

re my prev response -- sleep() doesn't 'allow Tkinter thread to run',
but it might be necessary to let some system services or something run
in the background. Actually I'm going to take it out and see what
happens. Just calling youroot.update() should be enough to let
Tkinter do its thing.

quick comment: if Py is indeed going to take over the world of
programming, which I for one applaud, it needs to get its threading
stuff together. Seems pretty funky right now. Also Tk is nice but a
C-level native set of GUI commands that work across platforms but use
platform-native calls would be a great improvement.

Just my 2c -dbm