Velocity Reviews

-   -   compiling mysql-python for python 2.3 on windows (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t319880-compiling-mysql-python-for-python-2-3-on-windows.html)

Achim Domma 07-19-2003 08:29 AM

compiling mysql-python for python 2.3 on windows

Hello,

I need mysql-python for python 2.3 on windows. I downloaded the source and
tried to build it myself, but I get linker errors:

mysqlclient.lib(password.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__ftol2

The problem seems to be, that the mysql lib is build with VC7, but distutils
tries to compile with VC6 (which are both on my machine). Can I force
distutils to use VC7? Or has somebody prebuild binaries for windows? Or has
somebody another hint on how to get it working on windows? I have also mingw
3.2 installed, if it would be helpfull!?

regards,
Achim