Velocity Reviews

-   -   Python2.3 logging utilities (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t319817-python2-3-logging-utilities.html)

Samir Patel 07-17-2003 02:20 PM

Python2.3 logging utilities

First of all, hats of on logging module in python 2.3.
Very elegant...

I have 2 questions regarding Handler class in logging:

1. SocketHandler: Can I send plain string instead of
pickle binary. This will allow me to send a TCP log
message to program written in other programming lang.

2. SMTPHandler: Is there any way to send an email
where server requires authentication through
logconfig.ini file. I send an email message to myself
through logging and SMTPHandler and it works perfect,
but if I want to send an email to external email
address, I can't do it because replying is not allow.
I can do it this in a python program by using ehlo and
docmd of smtplib object, but how can I do same thing
in loggers' config.ini file.

Thanks in advance

http://sbc.yahoo.com