ANN: vb2py-0.1 released
Version 0.1 of vb2py has been released.
What is vb2py?
vb2py is a toolkit to aid in the conversion of Visual Basic projects to
Python (using PythonCard). The conversion will eventually include both
forms and code (modules and classes). Version 0.1 is mainly a form
layout converter to PythonCard with a very simplistic code translation.
The project roadmap (http://vb2py.sourceforge.net/roadmap.htm) shows the
project's development timeline.
Converting VB to Python turns your VB projects into cross platform
developments and allows full access to all Python's extensive library of
Getting the Software
* The main website: http://vb2py.sourceforge.net
* Download this version: http://vb2py.sourceforge.net/downloads.htm
* Documentation: http://vb2py.sourceforge.net/documentation.htm
* Python 2.1 or greater
* simpleparse (not used in the 0.1 code but required to use the
experimental VB parser)
* Visual Basic is *not* required (although it would help if you had some
VB code ...)
vb2py is released under the BSD licence.
This is the first public release from the project.
In a project like this one there are many ways people can contribute.
Coding, testing, advice, etc are all valuable and much appreciated.
vb2py :: A Visual Basic to Python Conversion Toolkit
|All times are GMT. The time now is 09:32 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2013, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.