Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Any pure-python relational databases? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t319598-re-any-pure-python-relational-databases.html)

Thomas Weholt 07-12-2003 08:10 PM

news:2a897f11.0307121143.4a37113b@posting.google.c om...

> [sniped]
>
> > 1) Any pure-python interface to MySQL? or

> If you cannot get the MySQL specific interface working, have you tried
> a generic database interface?
>
> http://www.python.org/topics/databas...seAPI-2.0.html
>
> > 2) Any kind of relational DBMS written in pure python that'll run on
> > 1.5.2?

> While not relational, have you looked at Metakit?
>
> http://www.equi4.com/metakit/python.html

Relational *and* simple install with good Python module; SQLite =>
http://www.sqlite.org/

Thomas

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Gerhard_H=E4ring?= 07-13-2003 02:06 AM

Thomas Weholt wrote:
> "Wayne Pierce" <wayne@mishre.com> wrote: [...]
>>>2) Any kind of relational DBMS written in pure python that'll run on
>>>1.5.2?

>>While not relational, have you looked at Metakit?
>>
>>http://www.equi4.com/metakit/python.html

> Relational *and* simple install with good Python module; SQLite =>
> http://www.sqlite.org/

First, PySQLite is not pure Python, it needs to be compiled against the
SQLite engine.

Second, PySQLite currently requires Python >= 2.1 and will require
Python >= 2.2 in the 0.5 branch which I'll start eventually.

I'd be willing to make a backport to 1.5.2 if somebody pays me. But
something as little fun as this I won't do for free :-P

-- Gerhard