Velocity Reviews

-   -   Detecting user activity in Python (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t319442-detecting-user-activity-in-python.html)

Stefan Behrens 07-09-2003 01:27 PM

Detecting user activity in Python

Hi all,

does anyone know a way to detect whether the user is "active"
at the desktop?

What I mean is, whether he/she is actively using the machine
by typing or moving the mouse. What I am looking for is some
kind of trigger to subscribe for. I'd need to distinguish cases
where the screen is locked and someone just touched the mouse
unwantedly.

I rather doubt that such functionality is in Python itself, i.e.
can be used platform independently. So in that case, has anyone
examples of how to do that in native C++ for Windows and Linux?

TIA

/Stefan.