Velocity Reviews

-   -   bug in Tkinter? invalid literal for int() line 1035 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t319243-bug-in-tkinter-invalid-literal-for-int-line-1035-a.html)

Ton K. 07-04-2003 01:06 PM

bug in Tkinter? invalid literal for int() line 1035

Folks,

I get subject when binding <Button-1> to a listbox.
The value for h is '??' which triggers the error.
I'm running Python 2.2.2 from SuSE.
Please help
TK

Fredrik Lundh 07-04-2003 01:42 PM

Re: bug in Tkinter? invalid literal for int() line 1035

Ton K. wrote:

> I get subject when binding <Button-1> to a listbox.
> The value for h is '??' which triggers the error.
> I'm running Python 2.2.2 from SuSE.

you're using a version of Tk that's newer than your Tkinter; that "??"
you're seeing how really recent versions of Tk represent an "undefined
integer value"...

this has been fixed in Python 2.3, so you can either upgrade Python
or link against an older Tk.

(or modify Tkinter.py slightly, adding try/except clauses around the
problem spots in Tkinter.py)

</F>

Richard Townsend 07-04-2003 05:21 PM

"Fredrik Lundh" <fredrik@pythonware.com> wrote in message
> Ton K. wrote:
>
> > I get subject when binding <Button-1> to a listbox.
> > The value for h is '??' which triggers the error.
> > I'm running Python 2.2.2 from SuSE.

> you're using a version of Tk that's newer than your Tkinter; that "??"
> you're seeing how really recent versions of Tk represent an "undefined
> integer value"...
>
> this has been fixed in Python 2.3, so you can either upgrade Python
> or link against an older Tk.
>
> (or modify Tkinter.py slightly, adding try/except clauses around the
> problem spots in Tkinter.py)
>
> </F>

If you are running SuSE 8.2 there is a fix on
http://www.suse.de/en/private/downlo...s/82_i386.html for this
problem.

Look for the python-tk 2.2.2 link, dated 18 April 2003.

RT

Ton K. 07-07-2003 09:59 AM

Richard Townsend wrote:
> "Fredrik Lundh" <fredrik@pythonware.com> wrote in message
>
>>Ton K. wrote:
>>

>>>I get subject when binding <Button-1> to a listbox.
>>>The value for h is '??' which triggers the error.
>>>I'm running Python 2.2.2 from SuSE.

>>you're using a version of Tk that's newer than your Tkinter; that "??"
>>you're seeing how really recent versions of Tk represent an "undefined
>>integer value"...
>>
>>this has been fixed in Python 2.3, so you can either upgrade Python
>>or link against an older Tk.
>>
>>(or modify Tkinter.py slightly, adding try/except clauses around the
>>problem spots in Tkinter.py)
>>
>></F>
>>

> If you are running SuSE 8.2 there is a fix on
> http://www.suse.de/en/private/downlo...s/82_i386.html for this
> problem.
>
> Look for the python-tk 2.2.2 link, dated 18 April 2003.

Update installed. Problem's gone.
Many thanks.
TK