Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   Python (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f43-python.html)
-   -   python 2.3b[12] (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t319165-python-2-3b-12-a.html)

Dave Reed 07-02-2003 10:34 PM

python 2.3b[12]
 
I originally tried compiling python 2.3b1 on a Solaris 9 system with
--enable-shared and ran into some problems that someone helped me
resolve and said fixes were in CVS. I thien tried python 2.3b2 and it
compiled fine so the fixes made it in; however, it reports:

../python
Python 2.3b1 (#1, Jun 14 2003, 15:08:24)
[GCC 3.2.3] on sunos5
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>>



I thought maybe this was just someone forgetting to update the startup
message for the new beta, but I've seen other messages that show
Python 2.3b2.

Any ideas on what happened?

Dave




Erik Max Francis 07-02-2003 11:51 PM

Re: python 2.3b[12]
 
Dave Reed wrote:

> ./python
> Python 2.3b1 (#1, Jun 14 2003, 15:08:24)
> [GCC 3.2.3] on sunos5
> Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
> >>>

>
> I thought maybe this was just someone forgetting to update the startup
> message for the new beta, but I've seen other messages that show
> Python 2.3b2.
>
> Any ideas on what happened?


Hmm, mine doesn't (built from scratch on Linux):

max@oxygen:~% python2.3
Python 2.3b2 (#1, Jun 29 2003, 20:30:58)
[GCC egcs-2.91.66 19990314/Linux (egcs-1.1.2 release)] on linux2
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.

Are you sure you're running the version you think you are?

--
Erik Max Francis && max@alcyone.com && http://www.alcyone.com/max/
__ San Jose, CA, USA && 37 20 N 121 53 W && &tSftDotIotE
/ \ Love is the true price of love.
\__/ George Herbert

Dave Reed 07-03-2003 05:16 PM

Re: python 2.3b[12]
 
On Thursday 03 July 2003 12:00, Dave Reed wrote:
> On Wednesday 02 July 2003 19:51, Erik Max Francis wrote:
> > Dave Reed wrote:
> >
> > > ./python
> > > Python 2.3b1 (#1, Jun 14 2003, 15:08:24)
> > > [GCC 3.2.3] on sunos5
> > > Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more

> information.
> > > >>>
> > >
> > > I thought maybe this was just someone forgetting to update the

> startup
> > > message for the new beta, but I've seen other messages that show
> > > Python 2.3b2.
> > >
> > > Any ideas on what happened?

> >
> > Hmm, mine doesn't (built from scratch on Linux):
> >
> > max@oxygen:~% python2.3
> > Python 2.3b2 (#1, Jun 29 2003, 20:30:58)
> > [GCC egcs-2.91.66 19990314/Linux (egcs-1.1.2 release)] on linux2
> > Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more

information.
> >
> > Are you sure you're running the version you think you are?

>
>
> I even ran it directly from the build directory and it still reports
> b1.
>
> I do have b1 installed in another directory (that was in the path when
> I compiled b2). Maybe I need to remove that version of python before
> compiling the new one. I used different --prefix= values when
> compiling each one, but since the other one was still in the path, it
> may have messed up.
>
> Dave


Still get 2.3b1.

Here's the file size of the Python-2.3b2.tgz file: 8421285

Is that correct?

Dave




Erik Max Francis 07-03-2003 06:18 PM

Re: python 2.3b[12]
 
Dave Reed wrote:

> Still get 2.3b1.
>
> Here's the file size of the Python-2.3b2.tgz file: 8421285
>
> Is that correct?


You can look on the python.org Web site and check this for yourself.

If you didn't uninstall the beta 1 and are installing the beta 2 into a
_different prefix_, it's almost certainly the case that what you're
seeing is simply contamination. Delete the old beta before installing
the new one.

--
Erik Max Francis && max@alcyone.com && http://www.alcyone.com/max/
__ San Jose, CA, USA && 37 20 N 121 53 W && &tSftDotIotE
/ \ To love without criticism is to be betrayed.
\__/ Djuna Barnes


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.