Velocity Reviews

-   -   undo tab (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t319138-undo-tab.html)

Tom 07-02-2003 02:10 PM

undo tab

Hi,

as we all know we need tabs if we use for, if ... commands. Sometimes I
find an easier way to do something and I can get rid of one or more for,
if ... loops. Unfortunately I couldn't find a convenient way to get rid
of the now unnecessary tabs. I am looking for something as convenient as
inserting tabs (mark everything and push the tab key). I tried shift+tab
and all other possible variations with alt/shift/ctrl. :-)

Thanks for your help.
Tom

Andreas Kuntzagk 07-02-2003 02:40 PM

Re: undo tab

Hi,

> Maybe you can just give me a general hint how you do it and which editor
> you use. That would probably also help.

I use Xemacs, and do it with "Ctrl-c <"
I don't know about Emacs on Windows, but the "GNU Emacs FAQ For Windows"
can probably help you with this:

http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/windows/ntemacs.html

HTH,
Andreas

Ulrich Petri 07-02-2003 04:58 PM

Re: undo tab

"Tom" <llafba@gmx.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3F02ECF0.105@gmx.net...
> Hi,
>
> it doesn't work with any editor that I tried. The one I use on a regular
> basis is the standard python IDLE. Sometimes I also use the editor of
> pythonwin and Boa-Constructor.
>
> Maybe you can just give me a general hint how you do it and which editor
> you use. That would probably also help.
>
> Thank you, Tom.

I use UltraEdit-32. There it works with Shift-Tab.

Ciao Ulrich

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Hannu_Kankaanp=E4=E4?= 07-02-2003 07:24 PM

Re: undo tab

Tom <llafba@gmx.net> wrote in message news:<3F02ECF0.105@gmx.net>...
> Hi,
>
> it doesn't work with any editor that I tried. The one I use on a regular
> basis is the standard python IDLE. Sometimes I also use the editor of
> pythonwin and Boa-Constructor.
>
> Maybe you can just give me a general hint how you do it and which editor
> you use. That would probably also help.
>
> Thank you, Tom.

I had to change IDLE a bit for it to work. In Python path, go to
Tools/idle and edit AutoIndent.py. Find windows_keydefs or unix_keydefs
depending on your platform and change "<<dedent-region>>"-line to:

'<<dedent-region>>': ['<Shift-Key-Tab>'],