Velocity Reviews

-   -   RE: ANN: pyUnRAR 0.1 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t319055-re-ann-pyunrar-0-1-a.html)

Jimmy Retzlaff 07-01-2003 10:13 AM

RE: ANN: pyUnRAR 0.1

Oleg Broytmann (phd@phd.pp.ru) wrote:
>Hello!

Hi Oleg!

>On Mon, Jun 30, 2003 at 04:38:29AM -0700, Jimmy Retzlaff wrote:
>> pyUnRAR requires Microsoft Windows, Python 2.2 or higher, and ctypes
>> 0.6.2.

> Can you instead (or in addition) to wrap http://www.unrarlib.org/ -

it
>is much more portable?

I can't in the short term. I don't have the time and I actually need to
extract files from RAR v3 archives in a project of mine - the library at
http://www.unrarlib.org doesn't appear to support v3 archives yet.

Perhaps when I do have more time that library will support v3, so I'll
take a look again then. Thanks for the suggestion!

Jimmy