ANN: Twisted 1.0.6 (includes security fixes)
IMPORTANT: This release includes security updates to twisted.web.
It is strongly recommended that you upgrade to this version of
Twisted is an event-driven networking framework for server and client
For more information, visit http://www.twistedmatrix.com, join the list
visit us on #twisted at irc.freenode.net.
What's New in 1.0.6
- Security fixes for twisted.web.
- Cred, Twisted's unified authentication and authorization framework,
was rewritten. While still not stable, the new system is far superior
and developers are encouraged to start using it.
- Flow, an utility page for integrating asynchronous control flow with
generators and iterators.
- Many improvements to the UDP subsystem.
- Many Windows-specific networking bug fixes.
- Cleanups in Woven - outputted HTML no longer includes attributes used
by templating, removed fake-acquisition for templates.
- Support switching over to TLS from TCP connections (useful for e.g.
STARTTLS in SMTP.)
- Improvements to the mail protocols and infrastructure.
- Fixed 2.2.0 compatibility.
- Index support for Lore.
- Bug fixes, documentation updates and small feature improvements.
What is Twisted?
Twisted is an event-driven framework for building networked clients and
servers. It contains a powerful and simple networking core, a
full-featured suite of interoperable protocols, among them a powerful
web server and applications framework.
Twisted supports many event loops for both server apps and GUI
integration on the client side, including:
- Win32 events, including GUI support
- GTK+ 2
Twisted can run protocols over TCP, SSL, UDP, multicast, Unix sockets
and subprocesses. It also includes scheduling support, threading
integration, RDBMS event loop integration and other basic requirements
for networked applications.
Also included are implementations of many protocols. In some cases this
includes complete frameworks providing facilities on top of the base
- HTTP, including a complete web framework
- SOAP server framework
- NNTP and complete NNTP server framework
- SOCKSv4 (server only)
- AOL's instant messaging TOC
- MSN messaging
- OSCAR, used by AOL IM as well as ICQ (client only)
- MouseMan serial mice, and GPS devices
- Twisted Perspective Broker, a remote object protocol
|All times are GMT. The time now is 11:54 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2013, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.