Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Re/Unresolved bug? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t318960-re-re-unresolved-bug.html)

Steven Taschuk 06-28-2003 01:26 PM

Re: Re/Unresolved bug?

Quoth Xavier:
[...]
> t:163: SyntaxWarning: name 'VERBOSE' is assigned to before global
> declaration
> def main():
> (no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging
> symbols found)...
> 0x0807f022 in PyErr_NormalizeException ()

[...in 2.2.3 it dies with no segfault by no exception message either...]

Could you post a minimal example of code which provokes this
behaviour?

Without seeing code, I speculate irresponsibly: the SyntaxWarning
is unrelated to the segfault; the segfault might be due to
PyErr_NormalizeException somehow being called when no exception
has been set. (The bug fix in Python/errors.c revision 2.77 (part
of 2.3b1, backported to 2.2.3 in revision 2.66.10.2) seems
relevant.)

--
Steven Taschuk staschuk@telusplanet.net
"What I find most baffling about that song is that it was not a hit."