Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: ICA - Independent Component Analysis (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t318942-re-ica-independent-component-analysis.html)

John Hunter 06-27-2003 08:45 PM

Re: ICA - Independent Component Analysis

Tim> There is a fastICA library for R (a free statistical analysis
Tim> environment) which does ICA and projection pursuit - see
Tim> http://cran.r-project.org/src/contri...S.html#fastICA

Tim> If you want to access it from Python, try Walter Moreira's
Tim> excellent RPy module (see http://rpy.sf.net) which embeds R
Tim> within your Python interpreter and provides an incredibly
Tim> smooth interface between the two (including the ability to
Tim> directly pass NumPy arrays to and from R). --

Great -- that looks perfect. I am confused about one thing. It
appears that fastica is an extension module that is not part of the
src I downloaded. If I install the extension, will I have to modify
rpy to use it from python, or is there some procedure so that this
will happen automagically?

Thanks,
John Hunter