Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: [ANN] pylint-0.1.2 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t318844-re-ann-pylint-0-1-2-a.html)

achrist@easystreet.com 06-25-2003 07:41 PM

Re: [ANN] pylint-0.1.2

I just tried to use pylint-0.1.2 under Windows NT and hit a few
problems. First, setup crashes because there is not pylint.bat file
in the pylint-0.1.2\bin directory. That's easy to fix.

Worse problem is

File "I:\python\Lib\site-packages\wxPython\controls.py",
line 16, in ? class wxControlPtr(wxWindowPtr):
NameError: name 'wxWindowPtr' is not defined

My app uses wxPython, and evidently pylint can't work through
all the tricks in the wxPython and wxWindows code.

I just hit an unfixable (for now) problem with pychecker, too.
Ran out of memory. My machine is WinNT 4.0 + 128 MB, and running
pychecker on a program (40k LOC + wxPython + a few other library
packages) runs me out of memory with nothing else running.
(I've got an old machine for which it is very hard to find memory
upgrade)

Al

David Bolen 06-25-2003 08:58 PM

Re: [ANN] pylint-0.1.2

achrist@easystreet.com writes:

> I just hit an unfixable (for now) problem with pychecker, too.
> Ran out of memory. My machine is WinNT 4.0 + 128 MB, and running
> pychecker on a program (40k LOC + wxPython + a few other library
> packages) runs me out of memory with nothing else running.
> (I've got an old machine for which it is very hard to find memory
> upgrade)

How about some more disk? And what's your virtual memory set to? It
may stink in terms of performance, depending on what the real working
set size is, but just giving yourself some more virtual memory (aka
disk or upping the defined swap) should take care of the out of memory
error.

That is unless the code is actually tickling some sort of bug in
PyChecker that causes it to burn memory unnecessarily.

-- David

achrist@easystreet.com 06-25-2003 09:17 PM

Re: [ANN] pylint-0.1.2

Thanks giga. I thought that NT didn't give me a choice about that,
but now I've set it bigger. That will be great if it works. Gotta
reboot to try it.

Al