Velocity Reviews

-   -   swig+structures -> python (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t318824-swig-structures-python.html)

mwallace1 06-25-2003 09:24 AM

swig+structures -> python

Hi,

Please help me to solve this problem.
I have such function written in C:

search(
const char *base,
int scope,
const char *filter,
char **attrs,
LDAP_Entries **entries);

where LDAP_Entries is a structure.

When I call this function from Python, :
search("ou=applications;ou=general_data;o=zus,c=pl ",
SEARCH_SCOPE_SUBTREE,
"cn=KW_*",attrs,entries)
where :
attrs = ["cn","command"]
entries = []
it says:
TypeError: Type error. Expected _p_p_char

This function return data in entries parameter.
I dont want to have access to data in entries,but only an object (handler to
it), so I can put returned value in entris into other function,also called
from Python.
Do i have to make a typdef functions , so wrapper understands what I want to
have back ?

thanx for all your help,

mwallace.

vincent wehren 06-25-2003 07:49 PM

Re: swig+structures -> python

"mwallace1" <mwallace1@wp.pl> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi,
>
> Please help me to solve this problem.
> I have such function written in C:
>
> search(
> const char *base,
> int scope,
> const char *filter,
> char **attrs,
> LDAP_Entries **entries);
>
> where LDAP_Entries is a structure.
>
> When I call this function from Python, :
> search("ou=applications;ou=general_data;o=zus,c=pl ",
> SEARCH_SCOPE_SUBTREE,
> "cn=KW_*",attrs,entries)
> where :
> attrs = ["cn","command"]
> entries = []
> it says:
> TypeError: Type error. Expected _p_p_char
>
> This function return data in entries parameter.
> I dont want to have access to data in entries,but only an object (handler

> it), so I can put returned value in entris into other function,also called
> from Python.

You might want to taka a look at
CObjects
http://www.python.org/doc/current/api/cObjects.html

especially PyCObject_FromVoidPointer and
PyCObject_AsVoidPointer

Regards,
Vincent Wehren