Velocity Reviews

-   -   MSYS / MINGW32 / PYTHON / SWIG (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t318806-msys-mingw32-python-swig.html)

orion30 06-24-2003 06:55 PM

MSYS / MINGW32 / PYTHON / SWIG

I would like to know if somebody has successfully uses
SWIF using MSYS / MINGW32 / PYTHON.

I tried to do it but apparently, I failed.

Is there somebody who can help me and give a little example.
There is a little example in http://sebsauvage.net/python/mingw.html
but it's not working for me.

At more, I would like to used the dll versions of the glibc.
How to proceed in order to build a module (using swig) which uses a such dll
?

Best regards

cmkl 06-26-2003 02:32 PM

Re: MSYS / MINGW32 / PYTHON / SWIG

"orion30" <orion30@ifrance.com> wrote in message news:<bda6qd$jkj$1@news-reader2.wanadoo.fr>...
> I would like to know if somebody has successfully uses
> SWIF using MSYS / MINGW32 / PYTHON.
>
> I tried to do it but apparently, I failed.
>
> Is there somebody who can help me and give a little example.
> There is a little example in http://sebsauvage.net/python/mingw.html
> but it's not working for me.
>
> At more, I would like to used the dll versions of the glibc.
> How to proceed in order to build a module (using swig) which uses a such dll
> ?
>
> Best regards

I have no idea what the swif library could be, but in principle it is
possible to wrap libraries written in C/C++ with swig to python.
BTW: mingw32 uses Microsofts msvcrt.dll. This is the counterpart of
the glibc on Linux. Of course the library does not have most of the
posix functionality. If you use posix functions like fork you have
to use cygwin instead of mingw.

Can you tell what is not working for you with the example above?

Carl