Velocity Reviews

-   -   Embedded Python and Tkinter / win32gui (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t318779-embedded-python-and-tkinter-win32gui.html)

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Thomas_N=FCcker?= 06-24-2003 08:10 AM

Embedded Python and Tkinter / win32gui

Hello!

I am using the python dll within a visual-c++ project. In the project
i am also handling python scripts. Since i want to use some
message-boxes i want to have the opportunity to import modules in the
script.

Now there is the question:
How do i have to configure / compile the python-dll so i can use the
tkinter-module or the win32gui module? Is this only a problem of where
the modules are storred, or has the compilation of the python-dll
specially to be configured?

Thank you for your answer,

Thomas Nücker

Fredrik Lundh 06-24-2003 01:37 PM

Re: Embedded Python and Tkinter / win32gui

Thomas Nücker wrote:

> I am using the python dll within a visual-c++ project. In the project
> i am also handling python scripts. Since i want to use some
> message-boxes i want to have the opportunity to import modules in the
> script.
>
> Now there is the question:
> How do i have to configure / compile the python-dll so i can use the
> tkinter-module or the win32gui module? Is this only a problem of where
> the modules are storred

just make sure that Python can find them, for example by calling
Py_SetPythonHome with the installation "root" directory (put the
files in <root>/Lib and <root>/DLLs etc, just like the standard
Python install does).

alternatively, you can manipulate the PYTHONHOME or PYTHONPATH
environment variables before initializing the Python interpreter.

(if you need more alternatives, check the Python source code)

> or has the compilation of the python-dll specially to be
> configured?

hopefully not.

</F>

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Thomas_N=FCcker?= 06-25-2003 07:32 AM

Re: Embedded Python and Tkinter / win32gui

I configured the paths, so Python can find them, but i further on get
the following error in my program:

File "c:\Python22\lib\lib-tk\Tkinter.py", line 25 in ?
import _tkinter # if this fails your Python may not be configured
for Tk

Where could be the error and how can I configure Python for Tk?