Velocity Reviews

-   -   help with little program in C (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t316865-help-with-little-program-in-c.html)

npc 01-11-2004 07:22 AM

help with little program in C

Hello!
[sorry, my english is not very good] - I have a problem, I need to write a
little program a la Mastermind in C (for school). Can anybody help me?
please, contact me by e-mail.

greets

Morris Dovey 01-11-2004 07:39 AM

Re: help with little program in C

npc wrote:

> [sorry, my english is not very good] - I have a problem, I need to write a
> little program a la Mastermind in C (for school). Can anybody help me?
> please, contact me by e-mail.

npc...

Your English is ok; but your approach is not. If you make an
effort to solve your problem, then we can and will be happy to
help you with specific difficulties.

E-mail responses are considered inappropriate here. Just as
comp.lang.c is not a homework service, neither is it a source of
private tutoring. The benefit to you for posting here is that the
large number of people who know the subject well.

Additionally, others at your skill level will have opportunity to
learn from your questions and the answers you receive.

If you are new to usenet (news groups) then you may find that the
link below leads you to some helpful information.
--
Morris Dovey
West Des Moines, Iowa USA

npc 01-11-2004 08:11 AM

Re: help with little program in C

hi

thanks for response...

> Your English is ok; but your approach is not.

- sorry, you're right :) and thanks for links...

greets

Anand 01-12-2004 10:41 AM

Re: help with little program in C

Hi

Seen ur mail. Hope ur requirment is collection of programs in C. Go for many
question papers in C and few books r available in the market

Test your C skills

Hidden Treasures of C
(BPB publications)

This will b useful. I think so....

Regards,
Anand.

Joona I Palaste 01-12-2004 10:45 AM

Re: help with little program in C

Anand <anandattek@yahoo.co.in> scribbled the following:
> Hi

> Seen ur mail. Hope ur requirment is collection of programs in C. Go for many
> question papers in C and few books r available in the market

> Test your C skills

> Hidden Treasures of C
> (BPB publications)

> This will b useful. I think so....

There are no such words in the English language as "ur", "r" or "b".
Please write in English, not h4x0r d00dsp33k. Thanks.

--
/-- Joona Palaste (palaste@cc.helsinki.fi) ------------- Finland --------\
"We're women. We've got double standards to live up to."

Slartibartfast 01-12-2004 02:30 PM

Joona I Palaste <palaste@cc.helsinki.fi> wrote in message news:<bttts7$fo4$1@oravannahka.helsinki.fi>...

> There are no such words in the English language as "ur", "r" or "b".
> Please write in English, not h4x0r d00dsp33k. Thanks.

Don't start that again, Joona.

Joona I Palaste 01-12-2004 02:32 PM

Re: help with little program in C

Slartibartfast <agillesp@globalnet.co.uk> scribbled the following:
> Joona I Palaste <palaste@cc.helsinki.fi> wrote in message news:<bttts7$fo4$1@oravannahka.helsinki.fi>...
>> There are no such words in the English language as "ur", "r" or "b".
>> Please write in English, not h4x0r d00dsp33k. Thanks.

> Don't start that again, Joona.

And let people think that h4x0r d00dsp33k is acceptable here?

--
/-- Joona Palaste (palaste@cc.helsinki.fi) ------------- Finland --------\
"All that flower power is no match for my glower power!"

Christopher Benson-Manica 01-12-2004 04:04 PM

Re: help with little program in C

Joona I Palaste <palaste@cc.helsinki.fi> spoke thus:

> There are no such words in the English language as "ur", "r" or "b".
> Please write in English, not h4x0r d00dsp33k. Thanks.

Why did you do him the favor of including is book plug in your
followup? Looks to me like advertising spam to be KF'ed.

CBFalconer 01-12-2004 05:42 PM

Slartibartfast wrote:
> Joona I Palaste <palaste@cc.helsinki.fi> wrote in message
>
> > There are no such words in the English language as "ur", "r" or "b".
> > Please write in English, not h4x0r d00dsp33k. Thanks.

> Don't start that again, Joona.

He didn't, Anand did. Since Joonas native language is not
English, those abortions are even less likely to be decipherable
to him.

Joona I Palaste 01-12-2004 05:55 PM

Re: help with little program in C

CBFalconer <cbfalconer@yahoo.com> scribbled the following:
> Slartibartfast wrote:
>> Joona I Palaste <palaste@cc.helsinki.fi> wrote in message
>> > There are no such words in the English language as "ur", "r" or "b".
>> > Please write in English, not h4x0r d00dsp33k. Thanks.

>> Don't start that again, Joona.

> He didn't, Anand did. Since Joonas native language is not
> English, those abortions are even less likely to be decipherable
> to him.

I can still decipher them easily, though, having been in written
communication with native English speakers for several years. Despite
this, gratuitous use of those "k3wl" abbreviations, especially by
people whose overall skill of English is not all that good, keeps on
irritating me. Did someone tell them that using those awful
abbreviations will make people respect them more? As far as *I* am
concerned, using them makes me respect them *less*.

--
/-- Joona Palaste (palaste@cc.helsinki.fi) ------------- Finland --------\
"Normal is what everyone else is, and you're not."