Velocity Reviews

-   -   Sipgate Incoming - Not coming in! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t316398-sipgate-incoming-not-coming-in.html)

Sean 07-21-2006 12:56 PM

Sipgate Incoming - Not coming in!

Seems sipgate numbers are not accepting calls.

"This number is not accepting calls at present.. Please try later"

:(

Martin Jay 07-21-2006 01:09 PM

Re: Sipgate Incoming - Not coming in!

In message <e9qiuq$nok$1@news.freedom2surf.net>, Sean
<seanhardy88NOSPAM@yahoo.co.uk> writes
>Seems sipgate numbers are not accepting calls.
>
>"This number is not accepting calls at present.. Please try later"

I was just about to post a new thread about that, but then I read your
article.

So it's not just me. :)

Sipgate have had a few problems recently. I wonder what's going on
there?
--
Martin Jay
Phone/SMS: +44 7740 191877

Jono 07-21-2006 02:36 PM

"Sean" <seanhardy88NOSPAM@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> Seems sipgate numbers are not accepting calls.
>
> "This number is not accepting calls at present.. Please try later"
>
> :(

Mine are OK......

Ivor Jones 07-21-2006 02:39 PM

Re: Sipgate Incoming - Not coming in!

"Sean" <seanhardy88NOSPAM@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> Seems sipgate numbers are not accepting calls.
>
> "This number is not accepting calls at present.. Please
> try later"
> :(

From where..? Landline, mobile, another Sipgate number..?

Mine are ok.

Ivor

Sean 07-21-2006 02:43 PM

Ivor Jones wrote:
> "Sean" <seanhardy88NOSPAM@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Seems sipgate numbers are not accepting calls.
>>
>> "This number is not accepting calls at present.. Please
>> try later"
>> :(

> From where..? Landline, mobile, another Sipgate number..?
>
> Mine are ok.
>
> Ivor

They are working now.

A friend of mine said his were not working, and mine were not... From BT
PSTN and mobiles

mattpark 07-21-2006 02:49 PM

re:Sipgate Incoming - Not coming in!

Yep, same here...

Very temperamental at my end too. Must be doing maintenance at the
moment I guess?

Matt
External Post from http://ukvoiptalk.com

Ivor Jones 07-21-2006 03:40 PM

Re: re:Sipgate Incoming - Not coming in!

"mattpark" <admin@ukvoiptalk-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote
in message news:1153493398.110495@ntop.griffin.com
> Yep, same here...
>
> Very temperamental at my end too. Must be doing
> maintenance at the moment I guess?

Apparently the PSTN binding came unbound..! It has been reset from what
I'm told.

Ivor

M.Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk 07-21-2006 06:13 PM

Re: Sipgate Incoming - Not coming in!

On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 15:39:32 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
<ivor@despammed.invalid> wrote:

>Mine are ok.

Yours have always been ok Ivor .

Ivor Jones 07-21-2006 06:19 PM

<M.Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 15:39:32 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
> <ivor@despammed.invalid> wrote:
>

> > Mine are ok.

> Yours have always been ok Ivor .

Oh do shut up.

Ivor

Joe Harrison 07-23-2006 10:18 AM

Re: re:Sipgate Incoming - Not coming in!

I have a Sipgate/SPA3000 setup that mostly works fine, but in parallel was
experimenting using X-lite with another account with a different PSTN
prefix. For ages the second account was behaving as you describe, outgoing
calls OK but incoming calls not. Depending on which was my calling network I
got variations on the "number not in use" message when trying to call into
X-lite.

So I was convinced the other area code prefix just plain didn't work on
Sipgate and finally contacted tech support - they were very helpful, must
have done quite a bit of diagnostic work then told me the fault was on my
end with the X-lite configuration. Which it was, egg on face. So if you are
running more than one account behind same NAT you have to give X-lite a
non-default port config e.g. 5602.

Joe