Velocity Reviews

-   -   where do I get libraries , snippets etc (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t316252-where-do-i-get-libraries-snippets-etc.html)

Ramprasad A Padmanabhan 11-17-2003 01:32 PM

where do I get libraries , snippets etc

I am a perl programmer and a c newbie. Is there a central place where I
can get C libraries and C snippets , something like CPAN for perl.

Suppose I want to know if there is a C library for Jabber , where do I
look for it. I search the google , and I dont get a single link that
points to a downloadable library or documentation.

That means I have to lokk at the jabber source and find if there is any
documentation for any client library

Thanks
Ram

Morris Dovey 11-17-2003 01:55 PM

Re: where do I get libraries , snippets etc [OT]

Ramprasad A Padmanabhan wrote:
> I am a perl programmer and a c newbie. Is there a central place where I
> can get C libraries and C snippets , something like CPAN for perl.
>
> Suppose I want to know if there is a C library for Jabber , where do I
> look for it. I search the google , and I dont get a single link that
> points to a downloadable library or documentation.
>
> That means I have to lokk at the jabber source and find if there is any
> documentation for any client library

Ram...

I tried a Google search for 'c jabber' and it would appear that
http://www.jabberstudio.org might be a good starting point for
you. I followed projects >> libraries and found at least one
promising entry.

Note that this is not a C-language question and is therefore
off-topic for comp.lang.c; but the site above might have links to
additional sources, forums, etc.

HTH
--
Morris Dovey