Velocity Reviews

-   -   pix 515:debug packet (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t31511-pix-515-debug-packet.html)

Christopher Marshall 01-14-2004 04:13 PM

pix 515:debug packet

I have a pix 515 and I need to trouble shoot a problem with it. I am trying
to use the debug packet command and I entered the following
debug packet outside dst 1.2.3.4 both
but I am not seeing any output, do I need to change my logging level? turn
on terminal monitor?

Thank You

Rik Bain 01-14-2004 04:44 PM

Re: pix 515:debug packet

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 10:13:48 -0600, Christopher Marshall wrote:

> I have a pix 515 and I need to trouble shoot a problem with it. I am
> trying to use the debug packet command and I entered the following debug
> packet outside dst 1.2.3.4 both but I am not seeing any output, do I
> need to change my logging level? turn on terminal monitor?
>
> Thank You

What version of code? If 6.2+, you can use the capture command, which
essentially turns the interface it is applied to into a packet sniffer.
It uses libpcap, so the capture can be downloaded into ethereal, or
viewed in summary form from the CLI.

As for debug packet, I just tested here with logging off and term no mon
and still got output. Are you logging in remotely or via console?

Also, "both" might not do what you want it to (it is
default anyway).