Velocity Reviews

-   -   [IP Phone 7960] Prompt for code after phone number is entered (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t31498-ip-phone-7960-prompt-for-code-after-phone-number-is-entered.html)

Chu 01-13-2004 10:03 PM

[IP Phone 7960] Prompt for code after phone number is entered

In brief, is it possible to create a service that can stop a call from being
placed and prompt for a code?

Now, the details... here's what I'd like to have happen. The user picks up
the phone, dials the number, then on the display screen the user is prompted
to pick from a list of reason codes for the call. As soon as the code is
selected, the call is placed. Is this possible using a service? If not, what
other options could I use?

Thanks-

RScott

Steve Blair 01-14-2004 01:29 PM

Re: [IP Phone 7960] Prompt for code after phone number is entered

Check out the use of authorization codes.

-Steve

Chu 01-14-2004 04:07 PM

"Steve Blair" <blairs@isc.upenn.edu> wrote in message

> Check out the use of authorization codes.
>
> -Steve

Thanks Steve, I'll look into it.

On a note of clarification though, in addition to the reason code for the
call, they will also need to choose a client to whom the call will be
billed. I'm guessing that auth codes are a one-time entry and then the call
goes through? I'm betting I'll need to have some sort of service take
control of the call at some point to gather the codes and then stuff them
into a database.