Velocity Reviews

-   -   Tools for large C file cleanup? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t314799-tools-for-large-c-file-cleanup.html)

C Programmer 08-17-2003 01:28 AM

Tools for large C file cleanup?

Hi,

I have a number of large C source code files (.c and .h) which have been
updated by various people during long years.

What I want to do is to look at every function, structure, etc. and see
whether it is still needed and remove it if possible. I'm currently
using "cscope" but I think I need a better tool for this task.

What I need to do:
- Identify which functions, structures are not used (called, referenced)
anywhere in the code.
- Get a list of all functions, structures, global variables in each
file.

I'm sure there are already lots of commercial tools which can do this. I
can't afford one of those, so I would like to know if there is any good
FREEWARE package I can use.

Thank you very much