Velocity Reviews

-   -   YACC-LEX parsing overflow (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t314122-yacc-lex-parsing-overflow.html)

Alvaro Puente 07-10-2003 09:26 AM

YACC-LEX parsing overflow

Hi all!

Firstly, is there a newsgroup for YACC-LEX?

My application dies when I'm parsing a really long string and,
although I increase YYMAXDEPTH value I see no changes.
Anyone can help me with this matter or tell where to ask?

Thanks/Alvaro

Chris Dollin 07-10-2003 09:38 AM

Re: YACC-LEX parsing overflow

Alvaro Puente wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> Firstly, is there a newsgroup for YACC-LEX?

comp.compilers seems most plausible, but you might find help in
comp.unix.programmer as well.

> My application dies when I'm parsing a really long string and,
> although I increase YYMAXDEPTH value I see no changes.
> Anyone can help me with this matter or tell where to ask?

I'd go to comp.compilers. You might try and work out if its the lex
or the yacc part of the code that's dying first - that would help.

--
Chris "electric hedgehog" Dollin
C FAQs at: http://www.faqs.org/faqs/by-newsgrou...mp.lang.c.html