Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   C Programming (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f42-c-programming.html)
-   -   Re: How to store a checksum value at end of file? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t313758-re-how-to-store-a-checksum-value-at-end-of-file.html)

Morris Dovey 06-24-2003 07:06 AM

Re: How to store a checksum value at end of file?
 
Kavitha Rao wrote:

<snip>

> and what does "do not topost mean"??


Top posting means placing your response ahead of the text to
which you're responding. In int comp.lang.c forum, the practice
is to place your response following the text to which you're
responding - as I have here.

It's also considerate to trim (snip) as much as seems reasonable
from the post to which you're responding.

--
Morris Dovey
West Des Moines, Iowa USA
C links at http://www.iedu.com/c


Glen Herrmannsfeldt 06-24-2003 07:19 AM

Re: How to store a checksum value at end of file?
 

"Morris Dovey" <mrdovey@iedu.com> wrote in message
news:3EF7F863.9040409@iedu.com...
> Kavitha Rao wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > and what does "do not topost mean"??

>
> Top posting means placing your response ahead of the text to
> which you're responding. In int comp.lang.c forum, the practice
> is to place your response following the text to which you're
> responding - as I have here.


I agree, but....

> It's also considerate to trim (snip) as much as seems reasonable
> from the post to which you're responding.


I would rather have a top post than have to scroll down 20 or 30 pages
before I find the one line new comment. I usually won't go more than 3 or 4
pages down. Yes, I don't like top posting, but if I never see the new
text, what is the point of posting at all?

-- glen



Mark McIntyre 06-24-2003 11:53 PM

Re: How to store a checksum value at end of file?
 
On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 07:19:26 GMT, in comp.lang.c , "Glen
Herrmannsfeldt" <gah@ugcs.caltech.edu> wrote:

>I would rather have a top post than have to scroll down 20 or 30 pages
>before I find the one line new comment.


If I find someone consistently posting one line at the end of 20-30
pages, then I killfile them as persistently brainless fools.

>I usually won't go more than 3 or 4
>pages down.


agreed., thats what snipping is for

>Yes, I don't like top posting, but if I never see the new
>text, what is the point of posting at all?


none at all, for people who post "mee tooo" posts after 20 odd pages
of text.

For people who sensibly snip, plenty.
--
Mark McIntyre
CLC FAQ <http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/C-faq/top.html>
CLC readme: <http://www.angelfire.com/ms3/bchambless0/welcome_to_clc.html>


----== Posted via Newsfeed.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==----
http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups
---= 19 East/West-Coast Specialized Servers - Total Privacy via Encryption =---


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.