Velocity Reviews

-   -   repair corrupt jpg's (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t313221-repair-corrupt-jpgs.html)

Mike the Kiwi 01-10-2005 08:47 PM

repair corrupt jpg's

Hi all you wise and knowledgeable people!

I have a couple of .jpg images that must have been corrupted at some point because even in thumbnail view in explorer they only
show the basic image icon and not a small of the actual pic, also I am unable to get them to open with any software that I know.
Does anyone know of any program that will repair corrupt .jpg images? Even a program that might slightly degrade the quality of
the pic would still be worth the time to get and use.
Hope someone can help with this.

Cheers
Mike the Kiwi

Brian 01-11-2005 03:10 PM

Re: repair corrupt jpg's

"Mike the Kiwi" <a@b.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi all you wise and knowledgeable people!
>
> I have a couple of .jpg images that must have been corrupted at some point

because even in thumbnail view in explorer they only
> show the basic image icon and not a small of the actual pic, also I am

unable to get them to open with any software that I know.
> Does anyone know of any program that will repair corrupt .jpg images? Even

a program that might slightly degrade the quality of
> the pic would still be worth the time to get and use.
> Hope someone can help with this.
>
> Cheers
> Mike the Kiwi

not free but apparently the demo would still do the job for you.. and it has
worked for others (a mate of mine used the demo for a "one off" rescue..
also, i suppose it depends to which extent they are damaged/corrupt..

http://www.datarescue.com/photorescue/index.htm

effi 01-12-2005 03:06 AM

Re: repair corrupt jpg's

try renaming the files (right click on thumbnail, select rename) and making
sure the file ends in .jpg

if not, add .jpg to the end of the file name

sometimes if the .jpg isn't on the end of the file name, it won't show a
thumbnail pic

Thomas Williamson 01-13-2005 07:38 PM

Re: repair corrupt jpg's

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 09:47:59 +1300, "Mike the Kiwi" <a@b.com> wrote:

>Hi all you wise and knowledgeable people!
>
>I have a couple of .jpg images that must have been corrupted at some point because even in thumbnail view in explorer they only
>show the basic image icon and not a small of the actual pic, also I am unable to get them to open with any software that I know.
>Does anyone know of any program that will repair corrupt .jpg images? Even a program that might slightly degrade the quality of
>the pic would still be worth the time to get and use.
>Hope someone can help with this.
>
>Cheers
>Mike the Kiwi

You might be able to open the jpeg in a different viewer, like ACDSee
or Irfanview. Then you can do a Save as... on it. Save it to the
same name, and the corrected file overwrites the bad one.

afturburn 02-27-2008 05:04 PM

http://www.officerecovery.com/pixrecovery/

Fixed the problems just as described... look for the torrent as well.
:damnmate: