Velocity Reviews

-   -   Removing/uninst'ng old apps in list (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t313218-removing-uninstng-old-apps-in-list.html)

Morph 01-10-2005 05:40 PM

Removing/uninst'ng old apps in list

After downloading some apps, I have,over the last few months gotten rid of
them..although I have about 6 app names ,still in the add/remove list in
control options - add/remove - APPLICATIONS THAT ARE NOT ON MY COMPUTER
Can anyone suggest how i can get rid of the application names out of my
list, as i cannot find the names when i search for them ,even in my
registry.
1 of them is Coffee cup (a frontpage type app), I must have uninstalled it
in the wrong way, but i have others too. So is there a way of removing
unwanted names from this list, as all i get when i try to uninstall a
removed app,is a error message saying 'cannot find uninstall...or...cannot
find path specified'' ??
Any help would be welcome
I have winME, Int.Celeron 333mhz.

Brian 01-10-2005 06:16 PM

Re: Removing/uninst'ng old apps in list

"Morph" <morph@nospam> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> After downloading some apps, I have,over the last few months gotten rid of
> them..although I have about 6 app names ,still in the add/remove list in
> control options - add/remove - APPLICATIONS THAT ARE NOT ON MY COMPUTER
> Can anyone suggest how i can get rid of the application names out of my
> list, as i cannot find the names when i search for them ,even in my
> registry.
> 1 of them is Coffee cup (a frontpage type app), I must have uninstalled it
> in the wrong way, but i have others too. So is there a way of removing
> unwanted names from this list, as all i get when i try to uninstall a
> removed app,is a error message saying 'cannot find uninstall...or...cannot
> find path specified'' ??
> Any help would be welcome
> I have winME, Int.Celeron 333mhz.

How to Manually Remove Programs from the Add/Remove Programs List:

colin 01-11-2005 04:39 AM

Morph <morph@nospam> wrote in message
> After downloading some apps, I have,over the last few months gotten rid of
> them..although I have about 6 app names ,still in the add/remove list in
> control options - add/remove - APPLICATIONS THAT ARE NOT ON MY COMPUTER
> Can anyone suggest how i can get rid of the application names out of my
> list, as i cannot find the names when i search for them ,even in my
> registry.
> 1 of them is Coffee cup (a frontpage type app), I must have uninstalled it
> in the wrong way, but i have others too. So is there a way of removing
> unwanted names from this list, as all i get when i try to uninstall a
> removed app,is a error message saying 'cannot find uninstall...or...cannot
> find path specified'' ??
> Any help would be welcome
> I have winME, Int.Celeron 333mhz.

TWEAKUI among it`s other features, has the option to remove redundant
program entries in the ADD/REMOVE panel.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx
http://www.microsoft.com/ntworkstati...working/NTTwea
kUI.asp