Velocity Reviews

-   -   how many mp3s on a 128 memory card? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t313110-how-many-mp3s-on-a-128-memory-card.html)

milo 01-03-2005 05:12 AM

how many mp3s on a 128 memory card?

g'day, i just got a nokia 6260 mobile phone, it came with a 32 meg
multimedia card and i was thinking of
getting a 128 card , does any one know how many mp3s i can put on the cards?
my phone has an mp3 player and id like to take my fav songs with me so i
dont have to take all my cds
any help would be great..

thanks

milo

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Samu=EBl_ML_Lison?= 01-03-2005 05:32 AM

Re: how many mp3s on a 128 memory card?

milo wrote:
> g'day, i just got a nokia 6260 mobile phone, it came with a 32 meg
> multimedia card and i was thinking of
> getting a 128 card , does any one know how many mp3s i can put on the cards?
> my phone has an mp3 player and id like to take my fav songs with me so i
> dont have to take all my cds
> any help would be great..

Depends on the compression rate of each song and the file size of each song.

If each song is around 2mb in size, you should be able to fit approx. 64
songs on the memory card.

Yours Sincerely,
SamuŽl ML Lison

--
DreamCities.net - A Community for All! (http://www.dreamcities.net)
Contact Me: http://about.dreamcities.net/contact.html

Les Thanless 01-03-2005 05:38 AM

"milo" <mrmiloman2003@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

> g'day, i just got a nokia 6260 mobile phone, it came with a 32 meg
> multimedia card and i was thinking of
> getting a 128 card , does any one know how many mp3s i can put on the

cards?
> my phone has an mp3 player and id like to take my fav songs with me so i
> dont have to take all my cds
> any help would be great..
>

> thanks
>
> milo

It's about 1 minute per meg, varies according to the bit rate, but I have
found that the average will be about a minute of music per meg.

Trent© 01-03-2005 05:37 PM

Re: how many mp3s on a 128 memory card?

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 05:12:21 GMT, "milo" <mrmiloman2003@yahoo.co.uk>
wrote:

> g'day, i just got a nokia 6260 mobile phone, it came with a 32 meg
>multimedia card and i was thinking of
>getting a 128 card , does any one know how many mp3s i can put on the cards?

Depends on the size of the mp3 files.

Low side...divide 6 into 128.

High side...divide 2 into 128.

Have a nice one...