Velocity Reviews

-   -   Partition Magic 8 and External USB2 HD problem (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t313109-partition-magic-8-and-external-usb2-hd-problem.html)

JMalg 01-03-2005 04:12 AM

Partition Magic 8 and External USB2 HD problem

PM does not recognize my Maxtor USB2 HD. I want to partition it but PM only
shows C:. System Properties shows no conflicts. The Maxtor works well as a
single partition. I am using a Dell Pent III laptop and Win98SE.
What am I missing here?
Joe

DaveH 01-03-2005 11:38 AM

Re: Partition Magic 8 and External USB2 HD problem

"JMalg" <jmalg@aol.com> wrote in message
> PM does not recognize my Maxtor USB2 HD. I want to partition it but PM
> only
> shows C:. System Properties shows no conflicts. The Maxtor works well as a
> single partition. I am using a Dell Pent III laptop and Win98SE.
> What am I missing here?
> Joe

My copy of PM 8.0, picks up my USB2 200gb drive with Windows XP.

Is W98SE detecting a USB device?

Dave H.

JMalg 01-03-2005 05:08 PM

Re: Partition Magic 8 and External USB2 HD problem

Yes it does.

DaveH 01-03-2005 09:37 PM

> Yes it does.

I am going to assume that you loaded the W98SE drivers and all went well
(and that the jumpers are correct) but PM 8.0 still doesn't recognize the
drive. You might try here:
http://www.maxtor.com/portal/site/Ma...&downloadID=24
for the W98SE USB hard drive driver.

Also they have available a usb diagnostic program at
http://www.maxtor.com/portal/site/Ma...re%20Downloads

Good Luck,

Dave H.