Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   Computer Information (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f41-computer-information.html)
-   -   Gaming PC - Help (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t312925-gaming-pc-help.html)

The One 12-17-2004 02:13 PM

Gaming PC - Help
 
Hi i've just bought a PC for games, however when I load up a game it runs
really slow or not at all. I took the game back to the store thinking it
might be a disk fault be the replacement was just the same.

Can anyone help, the game in question is Doom 3 (the first one i've bought).

My computer is as far as I know:

Intel 166
16Mb Memory
4Mb Hard Disk
Windows 95
Graphics 4Mb
4x CD





John Rampling 12-17-2004 06:01 PM

Re: Gaming PC - Help
 
"The One" <mattjamespascoe@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
news:41c2e9a8_4@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com...
> Hi i've just bought a PC for games, however when I load up a game it runs
> really slow or not at all. I took the game back to the store thinking it
> might be a disk fault be the replacement was just the same.
>
> Can anyone help, the game in question is Doom 3 (the first one i've
> bought).
>
> My computer is as far as I know:
>
> Intel 166
> 16Mb Memory
> 4Mb Hard Disk
> Windows 95
> Graphics 4Mb
> 4x CD
>



HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
! !

Best thing I've heard all year!

;o))



The One 12-17-2004 06:05 PM

Re: Gaming PC - Help
 

"John Rampling" <j.rampling@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
news:X9Fwd.839$uE3.506@newsfe3-win.ntli.net...
> "The One" <mattjamespascoe@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:41c2e9a8_4@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com...
>> Hi i've just bought a PC for games, however when I load up a game it runs
>> really slow or not at all. I took the game back to the store thinking it
>> might be a disk fault be the replacement was just the same.
>>
>> Can anyone help, the game in question is Doom 3 (the first one i've
>> bought).
>>
>> My computer is as far as I know:
>>
>> Intel 166
>> 16Mb Memory
>> 4Mb Hard Disk
>> Windows 95
>> Graphics 4Mb
>> 4x CD
>>

>
>
> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
> ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
> ! ! !
>
> Best thing I've heard all year!
>
> ;o))

Whats so funny, I need this set up for my kids at christmas......... can
anyone help.



JD 12-17-2004 06:07 PM

Re: Gaming PC - Help
 
On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 18:05:33 +0000, The One wrote:

>
> "John Rampling" <j.rampling@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> news:X9Fwd.839$uE3.506@newsfe3-win.ntli.net...
>> "The One" <mattjamespascoe@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
>> news:41c2e9a8_4@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com...
>>> Hi i've just bought a PC for games, however when I load up a game it runs
>>> really slow or not at all. I took the game back to the store thinking it
>>> might be a disk fault be the replacement was just the same.
>>>
>>> Can anyone help, the game in question is Doom 3 (the first one i've
>>> bought).
>>>
>>> My computer is as far as I know:
>>>
>>> Intel 166
>>> 16Mb Memory
>>> 4Mb Hard Disk
>>> Windows 95
>>> Graphics 4Mb
>>> 4x CD
>>>

>>
>>
>> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>> ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
>> ! ! !
>>
>> Best thing I've heard all year!
>>
>> ;o))

> Whats so funny, I need this set up for my kids at christmas......... can
> anyone help.


go take your bins out



The One 12-17-2004 06:12 PM

Re: Gaming PC - Help
 

"JD" <JD@No.Reply.sorry> wrote in message
news:pan.2004.12.17.18.07.22.821022@No.Reply.sorry ...
> On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 18:05:33 +0000, The One wrote:
>
>>
>> "John Rampling" <j.rampling@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
>> news:X9Fwd.839$uE3.506@newsfe3-win.ntli.net...
>>> "The One" <mattjamespascoe@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> news:41c2e9a8_4@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com...
>>>> Hi i've just bought a PC for games, however when I load up a game it
>>>> runs
>>>> really slow or not at all. I took the game back to the store thinking
>>>> it
>>>> might be a disk fault be the replacement was just the same.
>>>>
>>>> Can anyone help, the game in question is Doom 3 (the first one i've
>>>> bought).
>>>>
>>>> My computer is as far as I know:
>>>>
>>>> Intel 166
>>>> 16Mb Memory
>>>> 4Mb Hard Disk
>>>> Windows 95
>>>> Graphics 4Mb
>>>> 4x CD
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>> ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
>>> !
>>> ! ! !
>>>
>>> Best thing I've heard all year!
>>>
>>> ;o))

>> Whats so funny, I need this set up for my kids at christmas......... can
>> anyone help.

>
> go take your bins out
>

What part of the computer is that, if I take them out will it run faster,
can I do it with a basic computer tool kit 9.99 at Maplins.



Wizard 12-17-2004 06:46 PM

Re: Gaming PC - Help
 
Not sure if this is a joke or not. Assuming you are serious, then you
don't have a modern enough system to do much of anything with; except
perhaps a door stop. I throw away anything slower than a PIII nowadays
and you have a PI.

The One wrote:
>
> Hi i've just bought a PC for games, however when I load up a game it runs
> really slow or not at all. I took the game back to the store thinking it
> might be a disk fault be the replacement was just the same.
>
> Can anyone help, the game in question is Doom 3 (the first one i've bought).
>
> My computer is as far as I know:
>
> Intel 166
> 16Mb Memory
> 4Mb Hard Disk
> Windows 95
> Graphics 4Mb
> 4x CD


Plato 12-17-2004 07:25 PM

Re: Gaming PC - Help
 
Wizard wrote:
>
> Not sure if this is a joke or not. Assuming you are serious, then you
> don't have a modern enough system to do much of anything with; except
> perhaps a door stop. I throw away anything slower than a PIII nowadays
> and you have a PI.


Depends on what you use your pc for.


John Holmes 12-17-2004 07:28 PM

Re: Gaming PC - Help
 
The One came up with this:

> Hi i've just bought a PC for games, however when I load up a game it
> runs really slow or not at all. I took the game back to the store
> thinking it might be a disk fault be the replacement was just the
> same.
>
> Can anyone help, the game in question is Doom 3 (the first one i've
> bought).
>
> My computer is as far as I know:
>
> Intel 166
> 16Mb Memory
> 4Mb Hard Disk
> Windows 95
> Graphics 4Mb
> 4x CD
>
>
>
>


Your system is too fast for those games. That's why they won't play. Get
yourself a 486/80 system with 8 Mb memory, a 256 Kb ISA graphic's card
and a 100 Mb harddisk. Install DOS (not windows) and buy Arkanoid, which
runs perfectly under DOS. With this setup, you will also be protected
against all current viruses! You don't even need a virus program! MS
Antivirus (build-in with DOS 5.xx and above) will protect you from that
annoying FORM virus.

HTH and HAND
--
-John Holmes-

"It ain't much, if it ain't Dutch..."





The One 12-17-2004 08:31 PM

Re: Gaming PC - Help
 

"John Holmes" <nospam@13inch.cjb.net> wrote in message
news:Xns95C2D048D1DD2johnanonymouscunt@192.168.0.1 01...
> The One came up with this:
>
>> Hi i've just bought a PC for games, however when I load up a game it
>> runs really slow or not at all. I took the game back to the store
>> thinking it might be a disk fault be the replacement was just the
>> same.
>>
>> Can anyone help, the game in question is Doom 3 (the first one i've
>> bought).
>>
>> My computer is as far as I know:
>>
>> Intel 166
>> 16Mb Memory
>> 4Mb Hard Disk
>> Windows 95
>> Graphics 4Mb
>> 4x CD
>>
>>
>>
>>

>
> Your system is too fast for those games. That's why they won't play. Get
> yourself a 486/80 system with 8 Mb memory, a 256 Kb ISA graphic's card
> and a 100 Mb harddisk. Install DOS (not windows) and buy Arkanoid, which
> runs perfectly under DOS. With this setup, you will also be protected
> against all current viruses! You don't even need a virus program! MS
> Antivirus (build-in with DOS 5.xx and above) will protect you from that
> annoying FORM virus.
>
> HTH and HAND
> --
> -John Holmes-
>
> "It ain't much, if it ain't Dutch..."
>

Isnt a 486 a downgrade from a Pentium. I assume that Doom 3 is a
re-realeased old game which wont run on newer systems.



The One 12-17-2004 08:35 PM

Re: Gaming PC - Help
 

"Wizard" <stop.spam@nic.br> wrote in message
news:41C329A3.165A3453@nic.br...
> Not sure if this is a joke or not. Assuming you are serious, then you
> don't have a modern enough system to do much of anything with; except
> perhaps a door stop. I throw away anything slower than a PIII nowadays
> and you have a PI.
>


So you recommend a PIII, if I upgrade to one of those can I transfer all my
memories and hard disk to the new one.




All times are GMT. The time now is 09:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.