Velocity Reviews

-   -   Plextor PX-712 DVD burner (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t312805-plextor-px-712-dvd-burner.html)

Scott Dunaway 12-04-2004 07:16 AM

Plextor PX-712 DVD burner

Does anyone know if this burner is any good? Do you think it will work
okay with my system?

Win XP Pro SP2
1400 megahertz AMD Athlon XP
512 MB DDR sdram
80 GB Hard Drive.

This will be my first dvd burner and I'd appreciate feedback from the
people here, since I've been coming here for several years now to ask
and occasionally give advice, I've come to respect several peoples
opinions quite a bit

I'm thinking of removing my old burner to replace with the new
Plextor PX-712 DVD burner. Are there any down sides to them? DVD
burners as a whole and this one in particular I mean? 4 - 8gig of
storage on 1 disc..... That alone is making me giddy. Does Plextor
make good reliable drives? I made the order already but I may be able
to cancel in time, if I really need to.... Thanks for any help you can
provide!

-------------
Scott D.

Thor 12-04-2004 12:43 PM

Re: Plextor PX-712 DVD burner

"Scott Dunaway" <kyote_lovenospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know if this burner is any good? Do you think it will work
> okay with my system?
>
> Win XP Pro SP2
> 1400 megahertz AMD Athlon XP
> 512 MB DDR sdram
> 80 GB Hard Drive.
>

> This will be my first dvd burner and I'd appreciate feedback from the
> people here, since I've been coming here for several years now to ask
> and occasionally give advice, I've come to respect several peoples
> opinions quite a bit
>
> I'm thinking of removing my old burner to replace with the new
> Plextor PX-712 DVD burner. Are there any down sides to them? DVD
> burners as a whole and this one in particular I mean? 4 - 8gig of
> storage on 1 disc..... That alone is making me giddy. Does Plextor
> make good reliable drives? I made the order already but I may be able
> to cancel in time, if I really need to.... Thanks for any help you can
> provide!

Plextor has traditionally been one of the best optical drive manufacturers
out there. When CD drives first appeared, they were like the Rolls Royce of
CD drive makers. Always the best, and always the most expensive.