Velocity Reviews

-   -   Making Posters (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t312572-making-posters.html)

Dave 11-12-2004 12:02 AM

Making Posters

Anyone know of a program that will allow me to make a large poster from
a picture file, without loosing quality?

PS: Newbie question:
What is meant be crossposting and top posting? Why is it considered bad
to do them?

--
= Wake Up
America =

Drifter 11-12-2004 12:48 AM

Re: Making Posters

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 00:02:03 GMT, "Dave" <Aguy@aol.net> wrote:

>Anyone know of a program that will allow me to make a large poster from
>a picture file, without loosing quality?
>
>PS: Newbie question:
>What is meant be crossposting and top posting? Why is it considered bad
>to do them?

There are many programs. Go to Google.com and type in "poster print"
or similar and you'll get several hits. However you will loose at
least some quality as the programs will have to create more pixels to
fill up the extra space.

As for top vs bottom posting...

Top posting means posting your replies at the top of the thread. On a
long thread it makes it easier to see the latest replies without
having to scroll down through everything.

Bottom posting (like this) is posting below the previous thread.

I'm one of those who don't really care which way people do it as long
as they are consistent. It gets confusing and hard to follow a thread
when people keep alternating between top and bottom.

Drifter
"I've been here, I've been there..."

Dave 11-12-2004 01:31 AM

Re: Making Posters

Thank you Drifter.
Love your tag line.

Plato 11-12-2004 05:46 PM

Re: Making Posters

Dave wrote:

> Anyone know of a program that will allow me to make a large poster from
> a picture file, without loosing quality?

Impossible. You HAVE to lose quality when enlarging.

me 11-12-2004 06:23 PM

Re: Making Posters

"Dave" <Aguy@aol.net> wrote in message
news:boUkd.8383$_J2.6878@newsread2.news.atl.earthl ink.net...
> Thank you Drifter.
> Love your tag line.

But it's missing a bit ...

Internet Traveler 11-14-2004 02:28 AM

Re: Making Posters

Not if it is viewed at the same ratio/distance.

Drifter 11-14-2004 06:05 PM

Re: Making Posters

On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 18:28:51 -0800, "Internet Traveler" <not@msn.net>
wrote:

>> Impossible. You HAVE to lose quality when enlarging.

>>>Not if it is viewed at the same ratio/distance.

Perceived quality has nothing to do with actual quality. If you
enlarge there WILL be quality loss even if you are unable to see it.
Of course if you can't see it (because it's a billboard 30 feet in the
air or whatever) then it the question is "does it matter", but that is
philosophy, not physics. <grin>.

Drifter
"I've been here, I've been there..."